Tuesday 10 January 2012

NICELY DONE STELLA....


After seeing Stella McCartney's resort 2012 collection online I was excited to see it when it hit the stores so I could see it in the flesh and see how the collection looked in real life. I headed to Selfridges on Oxford street to see the collection and I fell in LOVE all over again. The collection looks just a lovely online as it does in real life. The thing that made this collection work was the tropical prints and the fabrics used. The fabrics were heavy silks and lightweight cottons, digital printing was a key to this collection as well as embroidery, something I would have never thought was used when seeing the collection online. The tropical theme that I used in the 'inidgo' project I may take froward into my final collection but taking a different path in how i use the prints. only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment