Friday 20 January 2012

FINAL MAJOR PROJECT....

Thinking about my final collection I came to a brick wall with where I was going to get my primary research from. After talking to the tutors about how I want my collection to look, I didnt have a starting point. So for days I was going mad in where I was going to get primary research from and then it hit me in the face!!! With having a dancer's background I want to take the idea of using dancer's lines in dance in my construction side of my collection. I'll mainly look at ballet and comtemporary dance, these are my two favourite types of dance and with the sharpe, crisp lines I want this to reflect in my construction of the garments. I want to take a really minimal look and a 'less is more' approach with influence of designer's like Tze Goh and Calvin Klein.

Here are some images that sum up my collection idea.
Tze Goh A/W 2011
The Kooples A/W 2011
Tim Soar A/w 2011
Hussein Chalayan S/S 2012
COS A/W 2011
The style of my garments and the overall look of the collection I want to have an influence of the 1980's, so looking at designers and style icons from that era. I want to create a collection that can be worn by both genders male and female and have a new take of the 'unisex' clothing, as I don't want to design a collection for just the one gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment