Sunday 13 November 2011

DIGITAL PRINTING.

I've got my 8 prints ready for digital printing. The next stage is getting to prints into the right format to send off to the printers. I was going to get them printed onto jersey but when feeling the fabric i wasn't convinced with how the prints would look on jersey. So i've changed my mind to light crepe de chine. I like the way this fabric feels, falls and looks as it doesnt have that shine like silk satin does.

These engineered prints have a influences from Preen's, Dries Van Noten's and Stella McCartney's Spring/Summer 2012 collections. Taking the Pixelation effect from Preen's collection works really well within my prints, also taking the direct cut effect with photos in Dries's collection and the tropical theme from Stella's collection has created a strong family of tropical engineered prints for the fashion industry. By mixing these elements together creates fresh prints with a tropical twist which is going to be a massive trend from Spring/Summer 2012.

PREEN SPRING/SUMMER 2012


DRIES SPRING/SUMMER 2012


STELLA McCARTNEY RESORT 2012

I can't wait to see the prints on fabric ready for paris in februray.

No comments:

Post a Comment